See more photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskML2sAC
After our adventures apart, Franki, Ranah, and I rendezvoused at our hostel called “Up to You” on the Island of Gili Trawangan or also known as Gili T. Of the three Gili Islands off of Lombok, Gili T is known as the party island for young people, Gili Meno is better suited for couples, and Gili Air is more family oriented. We chose Gili T because we wanted a fun place to celebrate New Year Eve in Indonesia. It is also very accessible from Bali.
During our time on this small island we:
- Watched the beautiful sunsets
- Visited the turtle conservation centre on the beach
- Went snorkeling on the beach
- Franki and I went snorkeling off one section of the beach and found 2 hawksbill turtles!!! One of them we watched eat sea grass for a good ten minutes. It was ginormous and very relaxed.
- Ate the incredible barbequed corn sold by street vendors
- Visited the night market for dinner
- Went on a sorkeling/island hopping tour
- Biked around the island
- Relaxed in resort pools
- Met lots of new friends
- Tried not to get too sunburnt